What is google maps and the features associated with it:
So let’s start with what is google maps and most of you know the answer to this that is, Google maps is a service of web mapping which is developed by Google. It’s been a while since everyone is using google maps but most of them know that you can just reach your destination but there’s more to it. The extent of features it provides is mostly unknown to many people out there. So first let’s see what are the different kind of features that is offered by Google maps and few of them are:
- Helps in getting transportation directions that is Google maps provide us with the direction in which transportation method is available to any place as well as provides us with the details that come along with the methods. It can also give you information if you have to board a bus or any other transport.
- Create your map, that means if you belong to some area which is obscure and is not well defined in the map, then don’t worry as you can create your own place showing your location or marking the location.
- It provides the distance as well as the estimated time, that is after putting your location, you can see the google map provides you with the distance that is remaining for your destination to be reached and the estimated time period which also varies with the distance. So, this feature helps a lot in estimating the time period and also will help in planning your travels and helps to schedule the time accordingly.
- It helps in mixing the information of maps: So to make this feature, function you need to have a little knowledge of the various types of technical know-how. You can add the information like celebrity sightings, or any special events or occasions, but for that, you need to add details to the maps and you need proper knowledge for that.
- It helps in finding out your locations: While you are travelling and you are new to that place and have no idea what place it is, then hop into google maps that will show your location along with the nearby locations. This helps in knowing about the location as well as the destination.
- It helps in setting routes, that is you can customize the routes that you prefer more and accordingly set it, thus it helps you in showing the exact same route to your destination.
- It gives information about the traffic: Well, almost everyone loves to go for a free ride without the tension of traffics. Here Google maps help you to a great extent by showing you the traffic level in different places of the route. Thus, you can accordingly plan your trips with the required routes.
- The Google maps provide you with verbal instructions: It provides voice instructions like where we have to turn left or right or the distance before you take turns and other actions. Thus, these voice instructions help a lot while travelling.
History of Google maps:
In February 2005 google map was launched. But before that let’s take a look at what happened before that. Where 2 technologies is a Sydney based company. It is the place where the starting of google maps technology took place by the setups of C++ desktop programs done by 2 Danish brothers Jens Eilstrup Rasmussen and Lars. The Where 2 mapping began with its name as ‘EXPEDITION’ as an application which needed to be downloaded and then installed just like different software. In the year 2004, October the ‘GOOGLE’ acquired the company, which was then converted into a web application. Then additional features were added such as visualization of geo-spatial data as well as the real time analysis of traffic. It was initially downloaded by the users separately, but later on the idea of the purely web-based application was dropped by the company and the objective was to change the method of distribution.
The Google map web application was launched in the year 2005 which got mentioned in a blog. This application or service utilizes XML, Ajax and JAVA script. Google map is an API that is an application programming interface that offers locator for many organizations and many businesses also in many of the countries around the world.
Then in 2007, the version of google map was released for the mobiles version 2.0. The 1st version had a beta feature that was ‘ My location’, which used the GPS or the assisted GPS location of the mobile device.
And now over the years after numerous improvements, google maps have become one of the most reliable navigation tools of literally everyone having the access to the internet.
Now that you are enlightened about one of the most brilliant tool mankind has ever had, just open that amazing app and explore your nearest places.… Read the rest